For many centuries, women and men around the world have been regenerating and restoring their skin with natural and self-care regimen. These ancient beauty treatments are passed down traditions from generation to generation. And in today’s busy lives and lifestyles, we are needing and craving more of these beauty knowledge. We are lucky to be able to restore our mind and body with these 3 Self-Care Skin Routines from Around the World:
India – Self-Massage (Abhyanga) Massage Oils
This ancient beauty tradition from India is the best self-care treatment you can do from the comforts of your home. Follow these easy steps and you are set for a restorative at home spa:
- If you want to warm up your oils, you can pour some on a clear glass container and place it on top of a boiling water. A warming process like when you are melting a chocolate bar. Or if you have a candle diffuser, place your desired oil and light a candle to warm it up.
- If you want to add our 100% pure or aroma blend essential oils, go ahead and do so
- Begin to massage your oil starting from the top of your head and making your way down to the tips of your toes.
- If you have had a long day’s work, self-massaging your scalp and feet is a great way to nourish and relax your body. You can even use our Roll-ons for your on-the-go pampering.
- Allow the essential oils to penetrate your body. You can take as little or more time to allow your body to absorb the benefits of your desired body oil.
- Take a hot shower or bath.
Finland – Dry Brushing
Finnish women have been taking care of their bodies with this beauty regimen for many centuries and this is by far the best and quickest way to exfoliate the skin, improve muscle tone and stimulate our body’s systems. Here is a few steps to follow:
- Dry brush before your hit the shower, I recommend to do this first thing in the morning. Start from the bottom of your body all the way to the top of your torso.
- Shower and moisturize your body with Massage and Body Oils.
Japan – Hot Springs (Sento)
The restorative healing of natural and mineral hot springs is a great way to boost blood circulation and metabolism as well as skin detoxification and relaxation. Traditionally Sento’s healing public bath houses were made from the mineral rich hot springs.
Today, we are grateful to relax in a natural Hot springs like the Harrison’s Hot Springs in BC. This beautiful getaway and self-care treatment is close to the city and a great location for a retreat with your friends and families.
I hope that I have inspired you to try these self-care beauty treatments.
Do you have a traditional beauty regimen that has been passed down to you? Share them with us on our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook page. @escents